Serial to Ethernet adapters – software and hardware solutions
- What is serial to ethernet converter?
- How to use serial to ethernet adapter?
- Flexihub - serial to IP converter software
- Serial to Ethernet Connector
- List of best serial to Ethernet converters
What is serial to ethernet converter?
RS-232 to Ethernet converter is a hardware appliance that redirects serial devices over the network by transforming serial input into TCP/IP data and vice versa. It is also sometimes called a serial to Ethernet adapter. A standard serial to Ethernet converter may have from 1 to 20 serial ports embedded in it, so up to 20 serial peripherals can be shared at a time. With that, the hardware tool is rather easy to install and use, which makes it a convenient way to forward your fancy RS-232 port to a remote network machine.
How to use serial to ethernet adapter?
To use serial to ethernet adapter you need:
- When you buy a serial to Network adapter, together with the hardware tool you get a driver known as a virtual COM software. The first step will be to install the software on a client computer.
- Once the software is installed, connect the hardware to the client PC with a standard Ethernet cable. Next, connect the converter to the power supply.
- After that, put the IP of the hardware into your browser’s address bar and hit ‘Enter’. Configure the converter to access it from your computer.
Now, any serial device plugged into your converter’s serial port will appear in the Device Manager of your computer’s OS.