Remote e-bike service and diagnostics
- Common issue
- Simple solution
- What benefits does FlexiHub offer?
- How to provide remote e-bike troubleshooting with FlexiHub?
The major difference of an electrical bicycle in respect of an ordinary one is the availability of electrical parts such as a battery, a motor, and a controller. Just like any other mechanism, e-bike can stop working correctly or even break down. In this case, a customer can contact a specialized bicycle repair shop equipped with a certified software and hardware for updating the firmware or performing diagnostics to identify the problem.
In such circumstance, a client should either transport their electric bike to the workshop personally or resort to help of some delivery services, since the nearest specialized electric bike repair shop can be found far from the client’s location. The downsides of such decision are the time taken for delivery, and the lack of guarantee that an expensive electric bicycle won’t be damaged on its way to a remote repair shop.
But what if there was an opportunity to access a USB port embedded on your e-bike directly from a repair shop, so that you could avoid delivering the bicycle to the service center?
FlexiHub is an application that allows getting access to devices connected to a remote computer via a USB port. With the help of the software, a specialist can perform electric bike remote diagnostics while staying in their workshop.
It’s also worth mentioning that it’s possible to not only diagnose but update an electric bike remotely, as long as you use the dedicated software. As Bosch e-bike systems are equipped with a USB diagnostics socket, the manufacturer will be able to provide any remote system with improvements and bug fixes over the network.
What benefits does FlexiHub offer?
Here are some of the advantages of using the software:
- Saving money and time on e-bike shipping.
- Preventing an electric bike from being damaged or lost while transported.
- Providing specialists of repair shops with the ability to carry out electric bike maintenance remotely. This will make their services much more efficient and highly demanded by customers.
How to provide remote e-bike troubleshooting with FlexiHub?
If you want to perform electric bike remote diagnostics, here’s how you can do this:
- For starters, sign up for a FlexiHub account here.
- Decide on a suitable subscription plan and start a free trial.
- Install the software and log in with your credentials.
- "On the remote side, your customer connects their e-bike that needs repairing to a computer. Now, the customer downloads FlexiHub on the machine with the e-bike attached, and logs in with your login ID and password. The software will recognize the connected electric bike and display it in its interface.
As an option, a client can log in using their own FlexiHub account and send you the “Invite” for connection."
- You will see the list of devices attached to a remote PC in FlexiHub interface on your computer. All you need to do is click “Connect”, and the electric bike located miles away will be shown in the Device Manager of your system as though it was connected locally.
This way, with the outstanding capabilities of FlexiHub you are able to access any remote electric bike wherever it is. There are a lot of ways this can be useful - starting with electric bike remote support and finishing with e-bike remote update. Plus, any connection you create with the software is absolutely secure and reliable.