AutoEnginuity’s ScanTool is a Windows-based online vehicle diagnostic solution with coverage options for more than 40 different automobile manufacturers. Users consider these options to be the most important feature of the tool. ScanTool provides professional-grade scanning and diagnostic functionality.
The application gives technicians access to data regarding many automotive components including ABS systems, airbags, the instrument cluster, and transmission. It provides the ability to view online data, perform system tests, and retrieve and clear trouble codes. Adaptive resets and bi-directional controls facilitate using the tool effectively.
Other features of the tool include:
- A user-friendly interface that allows users to pan or zoom and display multiple plots on a single graph;
- The ability to print DTC and IM/Mode 6 data in report format to assist in determining necessary and optional repairs;
- Multiple data views that include XML for browsers and CSV for spreadsheets;
- The capacity to view logs online or offline;
- Display of sensor data with customizable parameters such as sampling rate, unit, scaling value, and range;
- The ability to set audio trigger points.